Social commitment ist the way...
...we express our sense of responsibility
bauMax supports poeple with disabilities. We consider them to be valuable members of society, on a par with non-disabled persons, and with all their strong points and weaknesses, we make them part of our team. Moreover, by awarding the "Essl Social Prize" we support private social initiatives.
The focal points of the bauMax Humane Program are:
Living the partnership
Every bauMax outlet cooperates with a regional organization for the disabled and engages in joint activities:
- Partner sales booths with seasonal themes, the entire proceeds of which go to our partners
- bauMax Promotional Day - People with disabilities from the various partner organizations work in all bauMax outlets for one day
Organizations for the disabled as service partners
Some of our partners have specialized in services, e.g. parking lot and grounds maintenance, and we procure these services at fair market prices. This allows us to offer additional possibilities for employment.
Offering internships and jobs to the disabled
Currently we have over 250 disabled employees on our teams. It has been our employees' experience that employing individuals with disabilities creates greater solidarity and promotes team spirit.
Our objectives are:
- Remove interpersonal barriers
- Promote and strengthen team spirit
- Raise public awareness on the subject